This is available at a special one-week introductory price of $9.99, which includes unlimited streaming rights on SHIELD as well as a digital download code for GoG.com that you can use to install a local copy of the game. This is 50% off the standard $19.99 price, which will go into effect on February 9.
MASSIVE CHALICE is a tactical strategy game set on an epic timeline from Double Fine Productions. As the Immortal Ruler of the Nation, you’ll take command of its heroes, forge marriages to strengthen your Bloodlines, and battle a mysterious enemy known as the Cadence in a war lasting hundreds of years.
- Bloodline Genetics – MASSIVE CHALICE features an innovative Bloodline system that allows the player to marry heroes together to produce children. The Bloodline system uses a randomized genetic code for every hero. Their children can end up with the best (or worst!) gameplay-impacting traits of their parents.
- Permadeath – The heroes in MASSIVE CHALICE age over the course of the timeline and eventually pass away. This forces the player to engage in the beauty of permadeath and always juggle an imperfect party of heroes with which to do battle!
- Bloodline Relics – If a hero has fought valiantly enough when they inevitably pass away, their weapon has a chance to become a Bloodline Relic. This powerful Relic can be passed down to any character of the same house in order to carry on the legacy of the fallen hero!
- Long View Strategy – Because the war lasts 300 years, players need to take a long view of their strategy. Decisions have to be made dozens of years in advance and long-term planning is incredibly important. That 3-year-old toddler is going to grow up to be your most reliable melee fighter sooner than you think!
Currently it cannot be done without losing your data. But for those with backups? Or that don’t mind a wipe? This will get you back in business
Note: If we figure out a way to update without losing data (if you don’t wipe the userdata area, you’ll infinitely bootloop) we’ll update you.
NOTE: OTA seems to be back online.
Getting an error “There was an error fetching OTA information” while trying to update? You’re not alone. We’ve reached out to NVidia. More information when we get it.
It appears to be affecting all updates, not JUST today’s updates.
If you are rooted with TWRP recovery in place, you’ll find that the recent OTA update won’t install for you.
Those impatient, you can always take your tablet back to stock using our tutorials (original tablet here; K1 tablet here) – but this will do a full wipe – including data – but you will get your OTA without issue after that. You will have to re-root, of course.
For those with some knowledge, you can probably simply flash the original recovery image back on the tablet – and the OTA will probably work (wiping root, but everything else should be ok).
Once the OTA rolls to my K1, I’ll have a tutorial ready to go.
I urge everyone to read my article on Adoptive Storage BEFORE updating your Shield Tablet to Android M
Shield Tablet (Non-K1 aka OG)
This update for SHIELD Tablet upgrades the Operating System to Android version 6.0
New NVIDIA SHIELD Camera
- New UI inspired by Material Design, improved burst photo functionality
- Adds new real-time HD Image Effects
Now on Tap
- Quickly find information related to what you are seeing on the screen, also from inside an app
New Adoptable Storage
- MicroSD cards can be integrated with main internal storage, auto managed by system
User Interface Upgrades
- Personalize Home & Lock screens with different wallpapers, new NVIDIA wallpapers
- Personalize Quick Settings menu, add/remove, rearrange toggles
- Google Now voice commands can be launched from lock screen
Improved App Permissions
- Permissions are now managed centrally
• App Standby power improvements
• New App Optimization feature
• Improved BT Low Energy scanning power efficiency
System wide improvements including
- Monitor Memory Usage with detailed usage of each app
- Improvements to WiFi Connectivity
- Optimized preloaded apps
- Update to Android 6.0 Security Patxch Level January 2016
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING A MICROSD CARD IN THIS SHIELD TABLET:
- In Android 6.0 there are changes to how expanded storage works. After this upgrade, there will be 2 ways to setup the MicroSD card, please read carefully:
Portable Storage: This option will not delete data from the SD card.
Internal Storage: This option wipes all data from the SD card. If you are currently storing data the SD card, please make sure it is first backed up
- NVIDIA recommends to back up the MicroSD card prior to downloading this update
Shield Tablet K1
This update for SHIELD Tablet K1 contains important system enhancements and bug fixes, including:
- Optimized behavior of legacy apps that lead to instances of increased power consumption
- Improvements to WiFi connectivity
- Fixed crashes in Performance, Power, and Display settings
- Fixed crashes in Game Mapper
- Added back SHIELD Controller touch pad functionality
- Added support for Stylus Lasso Capture functionality
- Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level January 2016
- Fixes to App Optimization feature
Includes Steam digital key for PC download
From the creators of Rise of the Triad and legendary game maker 3D Realms comes Bombshell, an action role-playing game. Bomb disposal technician turned mercenary for hire, Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison must strong-arm her way across 4 planets in an Unreal Engine-powered galactic adventure to rescue the president from an apocalyptic alien threat. With out-of-this-world enemies, a never-before-seen arsenal of devastating weaponry and a host of genre-crossing mechanics, Bombshell is set to blow you away.
History in the Breaking
Be part of Bombshell’s debut as she fights to save the president and her people from a maniac’s mechanical monstrosity.
Brave New Worlds
Traverse the dying world of Kyrron as it’s consumed by its neighboring sun, discover the secrets of a civilization frozen in time on the distant world of Zeroth and travel to the epitome of technology — a villain’s vision which threatens to consume all that exists.
Robot-Armed and Dangerous
Shell, shock and shatter your way through vicious, bloodthirsty predators, an augmented alien species, and the remnants of an ancient race re-animated, with more than 10 weaponized arm modifications.
Fierce finishing moves and interactive environments make Bombshell as dynamic as she is deadly.
Brilliantly brutal isometric shooting layered with classic role-playing mechanics, including experience points, upgrades, side quests, and non-linear levels. All with a twist of first-person shooter mechanics.
What Are You Lookin’ At?
Yeah, she has a robot arm. Deal with it.
I have a lot of media. I own several thousand DVDs and Blu rays. I have collected a lot of media from the internet. I prefer to OWN (and store) the media I have. I don’t like Netflix and I don’t like Hulu. These aren’t solutions for me. I am paying a lot of money a month for a fast internet connection and I have a lot of stuff I’m storing on my own – not the cloud. I don’t want to have to UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud to get it …. I AM my own cloud.
… and I’m not alone. Millions of others prefer to buy, store, rip and maintain their own private collections – for a variety of reasons (see my article on Digital Distribution for my thoughts). Unfortunately, the issue with being your own cloud …? Companies aren’t interested in writing top quality software to let you access it. Your options tend to rely on some proprietary media friendly NAS (like a Synology Diskstation) which suffers from fairly immature software on mobile devices or some sort of specialized delivery system for ONE component of your media (like Subsonic; great music gateway – poor video gateway).
Worse yet, if you plan to SHARE your content with family and friends? A whole new can of worms is opened.
Take all of these issues and then try to solve ubiquitous playback from TV, web, phone and tablet? This has been a pipe dream for some time.
Enter Plex Media Server
File management is not a part time gig for me. If there is a storage medium attached to the device I’m using? I want the most power possible in accessing and manipulating it. It doesn’t matter if it is a local drive, flash drive, network drive, FTP site, Google Drive … if it stores files, and I have access to it – I want the best experience possible.
Let me start off by saying I am not a typical user. Not a typical cell phone user, not a typical tablet user – and certainly not a typical computer user. For you to understand this review from my point of view, you’ll need to understand my feelings on file management. If you are in a hurry, you can jump down to “Enter X-Plore” below.
NVidia has announced a four day sale on three Lego GeForce NOW “Buy and Play Instantly” games (75% off) as well as five Android games (50% off).
GeForce NOW Games
- LEGO The Hobbit (NVidia, Steam)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (NVidia, Steam)
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings (NVidia, Steam)
Note: These games do not appear to include a digital code for the PC version.
Adding to the GeForce NOW stable of PC games you can “Buy and Play Instantly” comes the venerable fan favorite Grim Fandango Remastered. Buy it now, be playing in under 30 seconds. Comes with a free GOG.com key to redeem on your PC.
Here is more about this game …
Something’s rotten in the land of the dead, and you’re being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there’s trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time is now back, better than ever. Grim Fandango’s epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot’s Game of the Year award upon its original launch. Grim Fandango still stands as a classic of the genre, with unforgettable characters and unique combination of film noir and Mexican folklore.
Remastered version includes
- Repainted, hi-res character textures
- New, dynamic lighting
- Classic score re-recorded with a full live orchestra
- Over 2 hours of exclusive developer commentary
- Concept art browser